Family owned & operated for over 30 years!
istory comes alive from this vintage location which is listed on The National Register of Historic Places. The distinctive gable roofed building which houses the Landmark Restaurant today, began its life in 1908 as a Mormon Church. Extension Road, the street that flanks the building’s east side, had an open canal. Large cottonwood trees grew on each side of the canal, with the branches touching in the middle. It was a favorite swimming spot for children in the summer.
The church was originally housed in what is now the main dining room of the Landmark. At that time, the front door faced Main Street to the North. Downstairs were the Sunday School rooms. It wasn’t until 1939 that the church added on and they remodeled the building making it look much as it does today. The pictures of the church in 1908 and 1939 as shown here, also are part of the historical photo gallery in the Lower level of the restaurant. The other photos throughout this web site are also just a taste of the past you can relive in the Landmark’s gallery.